Thursday 2 August 2012

DIY–Tissue Box as storage box

This is my first DIY attempt. I had come across this idea on Pinterest.

020820121218
I have  a small dustbin near the sink to throw left over food from plate or the peels or waste from cutting veggies, cooking etc. I line this bin with the plastic covers I save from my trip to the veggie market. 


020820121220

I used to find a lot of trouble in storing these plastic covers. First, I used to store them in the cupboard above the sink where I store all cleaning liquids, soaps etc. But I found this too messy. Next, I started putting all the covers in a plastic bag and used to hang it to a hook stuck on the side of a cupboard. I was fine with it except for the look of it until I then hit upon this idea and today finished making it. Took hardly 20 minutes. I’ve not gone fancy with the cover of the tissue box. Just wrapped in a gift wrapper. You can use any fancy idea for the tissue box cover. You can find a lot of ideas for making it fancy online.

Things You Need :-
  • Empty tissue box
  • Tape
  • Double sided tape
  • Scissors
  • Gift Wrapping paper

DIY
  • Gift wrap the tissue box leaving the opening of the tissue box intact. Use tape to seal the wrapper. Insert the plastic covers/liners.
020820121218
  • On the bottom side of the box, stick the double sided tape. I stuck at 3 places for better hold on the cupboard side.
020820121221
  • Now stick the box at the place you desire. I put mine just above the dustbin to the side of the upper cabinet. I stuck it vertically. You may stick it horizontally or just not stick it anywhere and store it in a cupboard. :-)
020820121222


Here’s the final picture. The bin and the bin liners in the tissue box above it.

020820121223

I thoroughly enjoyed making it and felt completely satisfied with the result. I’m now sorted :-)
If you too have been facing this problem, try giving this a shot. Also let me know if you have any other ideas by leaving comments below.

Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code:

2 comments:

Poornima said...

it' s a good idea. rather throwing empty tissue box in a bin , can be used as plastic bags box..

Pavitra Venkat said...

Tnx Poornima :-)

Get widget

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...