Macaroni is one of my favorites. I prepare this when I'm lazy enough to cook a meal for myself.
I make macaroni either in white sauce or tomato sauce. Both taste great but I prefer macaroni in tomato sauce since its tangy. :)
I use olive oil when I prepare macaroni. You may use any vegetable oil. I use blanched tomatoes and onions for a nice flavor. It also helps in cooking of the sauce faster since its half cooked already.
Some people like more of sauce in the macaroni. In such cases just increase the proportions of the ingredients. I prefer the sauce just getting coated onto the macaroni.
- Macaroni - 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes - 3 medium
- Onion - 1 big
- Garlic - 5-6 pods
- Green Chilli - 1 (optional)
- Tomato sauce - 2 tsp (optional)
- Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 sprig finely chopped
- Olive oil - as required
- Salt - to taste
- Bring a pot of water with little salt and few drops of oil to boil and drop the macaroni. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Once done, run through cold water immediately. Else they tend to become mushy.
- Meanwhile blanch tomatoes and onion. Click here to know about blanching.
- In a mixer, mince the onion with garlic and green chilli. if you use the blender's chopper attachment you get a finely chopped onion with garlic and green chilli. Its one's preference to have it minced or have it finely chopped.
- Puree the blanched tomatoes.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot add the chopped onion, garlic, green chilli and saute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add tomato sauce, chilli sauce and enough salt.
- Toss the macaroni into this sauce and garnish with coriander.
You could skip the blanching of the onion and tomato. Instead, you could chop them finely. Saute the onion, green chilli with garlic, tomato one after other after each of them is done. You should finally see the oil leaving the sides and then add in the cooked macaroni and give a fine toss till the sauce gets coated. Serve with garnished coriander.
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: